Sunday, June 28, 2009

Traveling anxiety

Statue dedicated to the traveller in Oviedo, S...Image via Wikipedia

It is almost 4:00 am in my neck of the woods and obviously, I cannot sleep.

Every time we travel, I get in a funky mood.

It begins two days before the travel date. I run around our home trying to do a zillion things and not doing anything because I forget what I am supposed to do.

I write many, many list and I loose them, so I began writing again, just to forget what I was supposed to write down.

I check the kids' luggage, their vacation homework, my keys, my purse, my cell phone and still, I always have that dreadful feeling that I am forgetting something.

In approximately 12 hours we will be taking a plane to our vacation home and I can't wait!

It involves a lot of hard work on my behalf, mainly because for most of the time it will just be the kids and I, but their happy faces makes it all worth it.

They enjoy more freedom that they are used to. They are able to ride their bikes on the streets. They'll be swimming everyday and playing and just being kids.

And I will be enjoying my children the way I never get to during the school year, when we are always so busy, we almost don't have time to relax together.

OK, I think it is time for me to pack my laptop and cross out one more thing off my list. Good night!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment