Monday, August 24, 2009

Electricity and the Internet

Lightnings {{es|Tormenta eléctrica.Image via Wikipedia

We have been having electric problems at home for the last month or so.

No electricity at all where the internet modem was installed.

We have been trying everything in our power to make things work, but still, no internet connection.

We are so used to things working properly, that we forget how things used to be before the technology was available.

Usually, when I have a problem with my internet service provider, I just make a call, and in a few hours, the connection is working again. Now, who do I call when the problem is that our house was built in the 1950's and the cables are old?

I know the answer: the electrician. I promise we have already done that, but this trustworthy guy has a job in another city and has to finish it before coming here and pulling out the old, very old cables and install new ones.

So, please keep us in your thoughts. I hope we have our house up to date regarding the electric installation, so my internet service is back.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment