Thursday, September 23, 2010

Summer readings

The text can also be displayed in larger sizesImage via Wikipedia






















After a hard, difficult year, I decided to give myself a present: a Kindle.

I bought it during the summer and it has been my constant companion ever since. It's perfect size, makes it easy for me to carry it around in my purse.

I have purchased some good books and have downloaded a lot of free ones.

I read new books from my favorite authors and got some recommendations from good readers.

I have also read some useless novels that were free, but I have enjoyed them for what they were: summer readings.

I've never read inspirational novels, but I did. Some were good enough to have in mind when my girls get older. Others were just rubbish.

In a matter of days, I read the complete collection of Jane Austen's writings. Can you believe that I never read them before?

I got a great book on suicide, specially written for survivors. Yes, I know. I am "obsessed" with death and grief and pain - as my husband says - but that is the way I am.

Currently, I am reading a book on sexuality called "What's love got to do with it?" by John T. Chirban. My kids are reaching pre-puberty and I need to be prepared, don't you think?

If you have any good books to recommend, please send me an email.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment